After about half a year of waiting, thinking I was getting scammed and a missed mail in my spam folder I finally got a nice package in the mail: my 101Hero 3D Printer!
Getting it up
The printer comes semi-assembled. After putting it together, I noticed the wires were on the wrong side, so I had to take it apart again and start fresh:
That’s all for right now. Stay tuned for updates! I’m gonna document every step of the way!
Update 1: Assembled but not working
So I found some free time and finally put the printer together like it’s supposed to. Then I plugged it in, but nothing happened… Turns out the supplied AC adapter is not working. So I tried it with a different one I had lying around, but that one doesn’t provide enough current to sufficiently power it: the motors are spinning, and a tiny fan is spinning, but other than that nothing is happening. Ordered a new AC adapter from Aliexpress, so now we have to wait until it arrives before we can continue our journey…
Update 2: AC adapter arrived!
My AC adapter arrived, so I could finally start printing! Loaded the 101hero test test file, and it printed just fine. First print was garbish, since the filament had to come down a bit, but the second print came out alright. So next up I started looking for resources to configure Cura so I could print stuff from thingiverse. After some searching I found the following article which enabled me to print: http://101user.com/index.php/topic,180.0.html
First print came out looking like this (it’s supposed to be a tiny cat figure):
It stuck to the printbed, the layers are stacked nicely on top of each other. So I tried out something bigger:
In the meanwhile I’ve gathered a few interesting links which might prove useful in my attempts to get this thing up and running: